Three Devs & A Maybe Podcast:
Episode #56 The SOLID Podcast
January 29, 2015 @ 12:20:03
voice your opinion now!
In the latest show from the Three Devs & A Maybe podcast hosts Michael Budd, Fraser Hart, Lewis Cains and Edd Mann talk about a wide range of topics with a focus on the SOLID development principles.
Other topics include things like:
You can listen to the latest show either through the in-page audio player or by downloading the mp3 of the episode. Also, be sure to subscribe to their feed of you enjoy the show!
Announcing the Pacific Northwest PHP Conference (Seattle, WA)
January 29, 2015 @ 11:53:08
voice your opinion now!
The Seattle PHP User Group has decided to follow along with the example set by many other PHP user groups in the past several years. They have officially announced the Pacific Northwest PHP Conference and a Kickstarter campaign to help raise the funding to help make it a reality.
The Seattle PHP User Group (SeaPHP) has been around for over 10 years. We love PHP, and we want to build up our local PHP community even further by hosting a PHP developer conference here in Seattle-the technology hub of the Pacific Northwest and cloud computing capital of the world. We invite PHP developers everywhere, and of all skill levels, to come learn, network, and hack together with us in the Emerald City at the first Pacific Northwest PHP Conference (PNWPHP).
The goal of the campaign is to raise some of the initial funding needed to generate more interest for the event, presell tickets and even attract sponsors. The conference itself is planned for September 11th and 12th of 2015 there in Seattle, Washington at the Impact Hub coworking space. If you'd like more information about the conference and updates as they come along, be sure to subscribe to their mailing list and consider helping the PHP conference community grow and contribute today!
Matthew Weier O'Phinney:
PSR-7 By Example
January 29, 2015 @ 09:13:20
voice your opinion now!
As a part of his involvement in the PHP-FIG standards group, Matthew Weier O'Phinney has been contributing to the PSR-7 proposal. This proposal defines a standardized structure for HTTP message handling. In his latest post he gets into a bit more detail on what this means for the PHP developer and how it might be implemented.
PSR-7 is shaping up nicely. I pushed some updates earlier this week, and we tagged 0.6.0 of the http-message package last week for implementors and potential users to start coding against. I'm still hearing some grumbles both of "simplify!" and "not far enough!" so I'm writing this posts to demonstrate usage of the currently published interfaces, and to illustrate both the ease of use and the completeness and robustness they offer.
He starts with a base definition of what the proposal, well, proposes around HTTP messaging, both the incoming and outgoing. He describes the basic structure of an HTTP message and what each part represents. He talks about message headers, bodies and how the current library could return that content. He then looks at requests vs responses, server-side requests and some various uses cases and more practical examples:
- HTTP Clients
With the PSR-7 standard in place, all of these different tools could have interchangeable interfaces for HTTP request/responses, easily swappable with any other implementation.
Packagist Latest Releases for 01.29.2015
January 29, 2015 @ 08:00:57
voice your opinion now!
Recent releases from the Packagist:
- atyagi/elasticache-laravel (1.1.3)
Elasticache Drivers for Laravel Cache and Session
- bravo3/image-manager (1.1.3, 1.1.2)
A PHP 5.4 library to control dynamic image assets in a cloud environment
- butterfly/annotations (1.0.2, 1.0.1, 1.0.0)
Butterfly PHP. Annotations Component
- bravo3/orm (0.1.18)
NoSQL ORM for databases such as Redis
- caseysoftware/marvel-helper (1.1.0)
A PHP wrapper for the Marvel Comics API
- wei/wei (0.9.16)
A micro-framework provided powerful and simple APIs for faster and easier PHP 5.3+ development.
- ricog/coinbase-exchange (0.1.2, 0.1.1, 0.1.0)
Coinbase Exchange API library
- cubalider/user-mongo-uniqueness (v0.1.2)
Implementation of cubalider/user-uniqueness using mongodb
- alfredo-ramos/parsedown-extra-laravel (0.1.1)
A Parsedown Extra wrapper for Laravel 4
- sunnysideup/googleanalyticsbasics (3.2.0)
add google analytics to your Silverstripe website
- cerbero/date (1.0.2, 1.0.0, 1.0.1)
Framework agnostic and easy to use tool to work with dates.
- sahib/elegan (1.7.2)
Handle uploads and image resizing automatically.
- guiwoda/route-binder (1.0.0)
Laravel route binding, done right.
- uthando-cms/uthando (1.5.5, 1.5.4)
Base App for Uthando CMS
- course-hero/fuel-sdk-php (0.8.2)
ExactTarget Fuel SDK for PHP
- jeremyworboys/containeraware (0.2.0)
Adds ContainerAware and method injection functionality to Laravel 4
- orchestra/notifier (v3.0.0-BETA2)
User Notification Component for Orchestra Platform
- elnebuloso/phing-commons (8.0.3, 8.0.2, 8.0.1, 8.0.0)
phing commons build stack
- uthando-cms/uthando-admin (1.2.6)
Admin module for Uthando CMS
- kamisama/cake-resque (4.1.1)
A CakePHP plugin for creating background jobs with Resque
- uthando-cms/uthando-common (1.10.6, 1.10.5, 1.10.4)
Common class module for Uthando CMS
- icanboogie/prototype (v2.0.3)
Implements the Prototype design pattern; getters/setters
- bravo3/properties (1.0.1)
YAML property loader
- zfr/zfr-quaderno-module (v1.0.0)
Zend Framework 2 module for ZfrQuaderno
- voku/php-hooks (0.2)
A fork of the WordPress filters hook system rolled in to a class to be ported into any PHP-based system
- jupitern/datatables (0.4.1, 0.4.0)
agnostic framework wrapper for datatables
- dragonrider23/minidb (1.1.0)
A simple mini database implemented in PHP.
- kamisama/php-resque-ex (1.3.0)
Redis backed library for creating background jobs and processing them later. PHP port based on resque for Ruby.
- zfr/zfr-quaderno (v1.0.0)
PHP library for interacting with the Quaderno REST API
- lessname/basic (1.0.2)
Basic DDD and CQRS library
- los/losrouteros (0.9.0)
LosRouterOs provides RouterOS (Mikrotik) funcionality to ZF2
- los/loslog (1.0.12)
LosLog provides some log utility your ZF2 application
- los/loslicense (0.9.0)
LosLicense provides a module to manage license keys for your ZF2 application
- los/losdomain (0.9.2)
ZF2 module for use configuration, layout, database, etc per domain or subdomain
- los/losbase (2.5.1)
Library with common classes for Los packages
- brianium/paratest (0.9.7)
Parallel testing for PHP
- elnebuloso/flex-auth (2.0.2)
- whirlpool/framework (0.0.5, 0.0.4)
An MVC framework based on Composer components.
- voku/urlify (1.0.5-stable)
PHP port of URLify.js from the Django project. Transliterates non-ascii characters for use in URLs.
- phly/http (0.10.1, 0.10.0)
PSR HTTP Message implementations
- rawebone/wilson (1.0.0-alpha3)
A PHP micro framework designed for simplicity and performance
- elnebuloso/flex-commons (2.2.1)
common components for php
- elnebuloso/flex-converter (2.1.1)
different converter, easy to use
- icanboogie/config (v1.0.1)
Synthesizes low-level configurations.
- elnebuloso/flex-crypt (2.0.2)
encryption - decryption
- elnebuloso/flex-data (2.3.2, 2.3.1)
- elnebuloso/flex-filter (2.0.3)
different filter, easy to use
- elnebuloso/flex-persistence (2.0.2)
data persistence layer
- doctrine/orm (v2.5.0-alpha2)
Object-Relational-Mapper for PHP
- elnebuloso/flex-random (2.0.11)
multiple generators for random content
- voku/session2db (1.0.1)
A PHP library acting as a wrapper for PHP's default session handling functions which stores data in a MySQL database, providing both better performance and better security and protection against session fixation and session hijacking.
- elnebuloso/flex-view (2.0.4, 2.0.3, 2.0.2)
Working with the 'View' portion of the model-view-controller pattern
- sleeping-owl/with-join (1.0.7)
Package to convert Eloquent BelongsTo subqueries into one query with left join.
- saxulum/saxulum-assetic-twig-provider (1.4.1, 2.0.1)
Saxulum Assetic Twig Provider
- icanboogie/event (v1.2.3)
Provides an event API
- phly/conduit (0.13.0)
Middleware for PHP
- cgross/homesteadfork (2.2.3)
A virtual machine for web artisans.
- snipe/banbuilder (2.1.3, 2.1.2, 2.1.1)
Library to easily handle profanity filtering in PHP projects.
- frankperez87/pma-fulfillment (v1.0.0)
Allows you to connect easily to PMA and send items to ship.
- expressif/http (0.0.1-rc3, 0.0.1-rc2, 0.0.1-rc1)
http implementation with expressif streams
- peridot-php/leo (1.2.1)
Next level assertion and matcher library for PHP
- expressif/socket (0.0.5, 0.0.4)
Sockets implementation using Expressif streams
- expressif/stream (0.1.0-rc2)
evented streams wrapper
- xenolope/cartographer (v0.6.1)
A super-simple library to map JSON documents to objects, similar to Java's Jackson
- appserver-io-psr/epb (0.4.1)
PSR containing Enterprise PHP Beans classes and interfaces.
- previewict/pst-stack (v1.0)
Propel-Slim-Twig PHP Application Stack. The most sophisticated application stack for starting any PHP application in a minute.
- yosymfony/config-loader (v1.2.0)
Configuration loader for YAML, TOML and JSON files
- danoon/link (3.8.5)
Simple php microframework
- black/common (v1.1.1, v1.1.0)
Common Library for Black projects
- johnstyle/aggregator (v1.0.8)
PHP feed aggregator
- brown-paper-tickets/bpt-api (v0.13.1)
A library for interacting with the Brown Paper Tickets API
- zfr/zfr-cash (v1.0.0-beta.4)
Zend Framework 2 module that simplify payments with Stripe payment gateway
- pressor/pressor-constant (v0.0.0)
Wordpress as a composer dependency in the context of a Laravel appliction. This module allows setting of Wordpress constants in a config file.
- szymach/c-pchart (1.1.5)
Port of "pChart" library into PHP 5.3.
- psr/http-message (0.8.0, 0.7.0)
Common interface for HTTP messages
- fadoe/date (0.6.0)
Library that extends the PHP date class
- drupal/console (0.7.0)
- pkrs/pkrs-framework (0.1.5.4, 0.1.5.1, 0.1.5)
PHP Framework for creating web apps
- ydle/hub-bundle (0.5.90, 0.5.89)
Ydle Main Bundle
- rmrevin/yii2-comments (1.0.8, 1.0.7)
Comments module for Yii2
- danoon/mvc (1.3.1, 1.3, 1.2)
Basic MVC framework
- elcodi-templates/store-white-template-bundle (v0.4.3)
Store White Template Bundle for Bamboo
- elcodi-templates/store-template-bundle (v0.4.7)
Store Template Bundle for Bamboo
- temafey/phalcon-extjs (v0.7.8.4)
Extjs cms platform based on Phalcon framework
- temafey/phalcon-engine (v0.7.9)
Web project engine base on Phalcon framework
- darya/framework (0.4.0-beta)
Darya core framework.
- kris/laravel4-form-builder (1.1.8)
Laravel form builder - symfony like
- phpcq/author-validation (1.0.1)
Check if all authors of a particular file are mentioned in the copyright header.
- dericofilho/fmt (7.1.0)
A script to automatically fix K&R and PSR-1/2 Coding Standard.
- elcodi/elcodi (v0.4.19)
Barebones Ecommerce functionality for Symfony
- elcodi/plugin (v0.4.19)
Elcodi Plugin Component
- tomk/imagehelper (0.1.0)
Class to help with image manipulation
- mapado/stripe (v0.6.0)
High level api for stripe-php
- nwidart/laravel-broadway (0.2.1)
A Laravel adapter for the Broadway ES/CQRS package.
- commerceguys/platform-cli (v1.7.3)
- platformsh/cli (v1.7.3)
- saitswebuwm/shibboleth (0.5.6)
Enable basic Shibboleth support for Laravel.
- chadicus/spl (v0.1.0)
A collection of interfaces and classes that are meant to solve common problems.
- appserver-io-psr/servlet (0.8.1)
PSR, for a PHP based servlet engine
- appserver-io/rmi (0.6.0)
Remote method invocation library implementation
- keboola/orchestrator-php-client (1.1.5)
PHP Client for KBC Orchestrator
- elcodi-plugin/pinterest (v0.4.19)
Elcodi Pinterest plugin
- elcodi/plugin-bundle (v0.4.19)
Elcodi Plugin Bundle
- oscarpalmer/mordin (v0.3.2, v0.3.1)
Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong.
- intervention/image (2.1.0)
Image handling and manipulation library with support for Laravel integration
- rdev/rdev (v0.2.7)
The RDev PHP framework
- rdev/applications (v0.2.7)
The RDev application library
- intervention/imagecache (2.1.0)
Caching extension for the Intervention Image Class
- elcodi/bamboo-bundle (v0.4.19)
Elcodi Bamboo Bundle
- elcodi/configuration-bundle (v0.4.19)
Elcodi Configurationm Bundle
- elcodi/menu-bundle (v0.4.19)
Elcodi Menu Bundle
- elcodi/state-transition-machine-bundle (v0.4.19)
Elcodi State Transition Machine Bundle
- headzoo/nexmo (v0.1.2.4, v0.1.2.3, v0.1.2.1, v0.1.2.2, v0.1.2, v0.1.1)
Library for communicating with the Nexmo SMS API.
- nature/base (v0.0.2)
Simply a PHP Library
- pyrsmk/funktions (0.1.1)
Several useful PHP functions
- kinglozzer/silverstripe-tinypng (0.0.2)
- skeeks/yii2-sx (1.0.3)
Skeeks framework for yii framework
- detailnet/dfw-file-module (0.1.2)
Zend Framework 2 Module for dfw-file
- appserver-io/properties (0.2.0)
Package that provides basic functionality to handle property files.
- cri-fran/arsys-sms (0.3, 0.2, 0.1)
Logging for PHP 5.3
- detailnet/gaufrette-module (0.1.2)
Zend Framework 2 Module for Gaufrette
- shrink0r/workflux (0.5.2)
Finite state machine for php.
- graste/params (2.1.1)
Array wrapper that eases the retrieval of values. Has parameters, options and settings traits for inclusion in other libs.
- appserver-io/configuration (0.1.3)
Provides basic functionality to handle XML data in a tree structure, like SimpleXML does.
- basilicom-pimcore-plugin/document-authentication (1.0.2, 1.0.1, 1.0.0)
Enables selective HTTP Basic Auth via document properties
- detailnet/dfw-file (0.1.2)
DETAIL Framework library for filesystem abstraction
- rg/injektor (v1.3.2)
Dependency Injection container inspired by google-guice
- cannibal/pagination-bundle (1.2.1)
Provides a standard interface for paginating any resource collection internally or via a uri request
- c-datculescu/amqp-base (0.2.4)
Allows easy declaration and management of complex AMQP configurations
- mlocati/concrete5-translation-library (1.0.4, 1.0.3, 1.0.2)
Library to handle concrete5 core and package translations
- mouf/utils.common.conditioninterface (v2.0.1)
This package contains one interface for condition, and a few classes that implement it. For instance, AndCondition that requires all conditions to be met, and OrCondition that requires at least one condition to be met. A condition is a class that possesses an 'isOk' method. The condition returns true if the condition is met, and false otherwise.
- reactorcoder/symfony2-nodesocket (1.0.10, 1.0.9, 1.0.8, 1.0.7, 1.0.6, 1.0.5, 1.0.4, 1.0.3, 1.0.0)
A symfony package bundle for event-driven socket application.
- vinelab/agency (v1.0)
A backend content management system built with smart tools and compelling UI includes an API built with mobile in mind.
- appserver-io/collections (0.2.0)
Package that provides basic PHP collections and utilities.
- detailnet/dfw-mail-module (0.1.3)
Zend Framework 2 Module for dfw-mail
- billforward/bf-php (v8.2015.28)
BillForward PHP Client Library
- black/ddd-php (v2.0.0)
Implements DDD in PHP
- detailnet/bernard-module (0.1.3)
Bernard Module for Zend Framework 2
- detailnet/dfw-bernard (0.1.3, 0.1.2)
DETAIL Framework library extending the features of Bernard
- core-framework/core-framework (v2.1.0-beta)
Core PHP Framework
- infoweb-internet-solutions/yii2-cms (1.0.6, 1.0.5)
CMS module for Yii2
- appserver-io/logger (0.1.5)
Thread-Safe and PSR-3 compatible logger implementation.
- paycheckout/paycheckout-api-php (1.0.8)
This library contains all functionality available to interface a webshop to the payment service provider PayCheckout B.V. located in the Netherlands.
- willishq/laravel5-flash (v0.2, v0.1)
Flash message management for Laravel 5.
- jb/social-meta-bundle (1.0)
A bundle for Symfony2 which social meta opengraph
- detailnet/dfw-mail (0.1.3, 0.1.2)
DETAIL Framework library for mailing
- appserver-io/webserver (0.4.0)
Multithreaded webserver for php written in php
- maikelvanmaurik/transip-api (1.0.3)
- neam/yii-handsontable-input (1.0.0)
Handsontable grid input widget for Yii 1 apps
- phpfluent/cache (1.0.0)
A conventional project tool for PHP and git.
- mazelab/zendframework1-min (220.127.116.11)
Zend Framework 1 fork with minimum require_once and include_path
- jb/copy-to-bundle (1.1)
A bundle for SYmfony2 which add command to copy path to other path
- elastification/php-client (0.8.0)
The elastification php client aims to be a very flexible and well performing client to elasticsearch. It supports multiple transports and serializers to maximize it's flexibility.
- wikibase/data-model-serialization (1.3.0)
Serializers and deserializers for the Wikibase DataModel
- akeneo/pim-community-standard (v1.2.24)
The "Akeneo Community Standard Edition" distribution
- data-dog/acl-bundle (0.1.0)
ACL management bundle
- heimrichhannot/contao-youtube (1.0.1)
Youtube Content Element, with responsive support, preview image, play button and many more.
- keboola/syrup (1.7.13)
Syrup - Concentrated extract(or)s
- xintesa/audit (1.2.0)
Croogo Audit Plugin
- bound1ess/adviser (0.1.2, 0.1.1)
A CLI application that checks your project for various possible improvements.
- crodas/service-provider (v0.1.27)
Little configuration manager and dependency injection
- barryvdh/elfinder-flysystem-driver (0.1.0)
A Flysystem Driver for elFinder
- pimcore/pimcore (3.0.3)
The premier Open-Source Multi-Channel Experience and Engagement Management Platform
- majes/cms-bundle (v1.20.26)
Majes framework cms bundle
- fadion/validator-assistant (1.0.2)
Decouple validation from Laravel controllers with ValidatorAssistant
- crodas/validator (v0.1.7)
- korotovsky/sso-idp-bundle (0.2.2)
Single-sign-on bundle for Symfony2. Identity Provider part.
- pyrsmk/lumy (2.8.0)
A minimal CLI/HTTP framework
- kagency/http-replay (0.3, 0.2)
Library to replay and compare HTTP requets and responses
- appserver-io/storage (0.5.13)
Generic storage package implementation.
- maslosoft/ilmatar-widgets (1.0.4)
- artfulrobot/artfulrobot (1.0.1, 1.0.0)
- fkooman/php-lib-rest (0.6.5)
Simple PHP library for writing REST services.
- fkooman/rest (0.6.5)
Simple PHP library for writing REST services.
- mr-audio-guy/syslog (0.0.1)
A standard syslogger based on rfc5424
- mtl/unique-generator (1.0.1)
Generate massive amount of unique codes
- fiesta/fiesta (1.4.3)
The Fiesta PHP Framework.
- enginebit/commander (1.1.1)
CommandBus and Events
- julatools/yii2-smartmenu (v0.1.1, v0.1)
Smart menu module for Yii2
- league/glide (0.3.0)
Wonderfully easy on-demand image manipulation library with an HTTP based API.
- julatools/yii2-configmanager (v0.1.3, v0.1.2)
Flexible configuartion/parameter manager for Yii2
- imaginaerum/vagrant-ubuntu-trusty (1.5.0, 1.4.9, 1.4.8, 1.4.7, 1.4.6, 1.4.5, 1.4.4)
Vagrant Ubuntu Trusty 64
- cargomedia/cm (1.96.5, 1.96.4)
- miwebb/mibadger (v3.3.0)
Less then a framework, more then a library.
- backbone/chaching (0.10.0)
Universal payment library for banking services in Slovakia
- berny/tag-bundle (0.3.0)
Helps collecting tagged services to inject them into others
- turnaev/mysql-workbench-schema-exporter (v1.4.4)
MySQL Workbench Schema Exporter
- turnaev/dev-generator-tool-bundle (v1.3.4)
Console tool bundle for Symfony 2.2+
- deployer/deployer (v3.0.0-beta, v2.0.2)
- gokuai/openstack-sdk-php (1.0.0)
Access OpenStack services in PHP.
- ladela/personal-translations-widget-bundle (v0.6.7)
Adds translations widget based on Personal translations
- codefog/contao-cookiebar (1.0.5)
cookiebar extension for Contao Open Source CMS
- detailnet/dfw-fileconversion-module (0.3.0)
Zend Framework 2 Module for dfw-fileconversion
- mtl/unique-genenrator (0.1.0)
Generate massive amount of unique codes
- detailnet/dfw-fileconversion (0.3.0)
DETAIL Framework library for file conversion
- appserver-io/lang (0.1.17)
Lang package implementation providing basic PHP datatypes.
- datasift/webdriver (1.5.2)
Interface to Selenium 2 aka WebDriver
- detailnet/dfw-notification-module (0.1.0)
Zend Framework 2 Module for dfw-notification
- robinherbots/jquery.inputmask (3.1.58)
jquery.inputmask is a jquery plugin which create an input mask.
- jyxo/php (v2.0.3)
Jyxo PHP Library
- detailnet/dfw-apigility-module (0.1.3)
Zend Framework 2 Module containing tools for ZF Apigility
- pierstoval/translation-bundle (v1.1.1)
Adds database management for Symfony2's native translator, a db to files translations extractor, a translation catcher whenever id or source is not found, and a translation UI to manage it.
- cothema/cmsbe-user (v1.1)
CMS backend user management
- appserver-io/http (0.2.3)
HTTP protocol implementation for usage in server context
- cothema/cmsbe (v1.4.3, v1.4.2)
Cothema CMS Backend
- codefog/contao-polls (1.2.6)
polls extension for Contao Open Source CMS
- naux/laravel-oss (v1.1)
- contaoblackforest/contao-backend-page-nested (1.0.2, 1.0.1, 1.0)
Contao Backend Page Nested Menu for Contao OpenSource CMS
- appserver-io/messaging (0.4.0)
Messaging components implementing the PMS PSR
- tango/tango (v1.4.5, v1.4.4)
- detailnet/dfw-notification (0.1.0)
DETAIL Framework library for sending notifications
- cubex/framework (2.0.7)
- kreait/firebase-bundle (0.3.1)
Symfony2 Bundle for Firebase REST API client
- pabloprieto/ipinfodb (v1.0)
- lucatume/wp-browser (1.5.6)
WordPress extension of the PhpBrowser class.
- gedmo/doctrine-extensions (v2.3.11)
Doctrine2 behavioral extensions
- avoran/omnipay-ideal (1.0.4, 1.0.3)
iDeal driver for the Omnipay payment processing library
- data-values/value-view (0.12.0)
Provides JS widgets to edit values defined by the DataValues library
- rkr/php-mysql-query-builder (0.1.6)
Easy to use query builder for PHP5.3+/PDO
- teleduino/php-teleduino2560-client (v0.4.0)
PHP Teleduino Client for interacting with your Teleduino2560 device.
- kingsquare/php-mt940 (0.7.0)
Simple MT940 parser in PHP
- stonedz/pff2-file_upload (v0.1.2)
Manages file upload
- mikemix/zf2htmlpurifier (0.4, 0.3, 0.2)
HTMLPurifier as ZF2 Filter
- gielfeldt/ultimate (1.0.0)
- anlutro/l4-repository (0.7.7, 0.7.6)
Repository classes for Laravel 4.
- maslosoft/ilmatar-components (1.0.7)
- romeoz/rock-events (0.9.0)
A simple implementation of Pub/Sub for PHP
- ibrows/simple-seo-bundle (1.3.0)
A Symfony2 Bundle to add some SEO functionality
- checkfront/checkfront (3.0.0)
Wrapper library for using the Checkfront API
- anhskohbo/no-captcha (2.0.1)
No CAPTCHA reCAPTCHA For Laravel.
- bylexus/php-injector (0.0.4)
A Function / Method parameter injection helper
- xety/xeta (1.4.0)
A resource to help people starting with Cake3
- allmobilize/amazeui (v2.2.0)
The first crossing screen front-end framework in China, for developing mobile first, responsive web projects.
- markard/grid-data (0.0.14, 0.0.13)
Grid data is package for generate json data for client grid js packages.
- jopic/reflectiontestutils (1.0.0)
Logging for PHP 5.3
SitePoint PHP Blog:
Basic TDD in Your New PHP Package
January 28, 2015 @ 12:27:17
voice your opinion now!
The SitePoint PHP blog continues their "How to Build Your Own PHP Package" series with their latest post (part two of the series) covering the use of test-driven development while working on the package code.
In part 1, we set up our development environment, baked in some rules as inherited from The League, and created two sample but useless classes - Diffbot and DiffbotException. In this part, we'll get started with Test Driven Development.
He starts by briefly introducing PHPUnit, a PHP-based unit testing tool, and how to use it to generate the HTML version of the code coverage report. He helps you define a good phpunit.xml configuration file and how to execute a first sample test (code provided) from inside PHPStorm. From there he adds one some more complex testing of exception handling and checking the class types. With this foundation, he moves into the test-driven development (TDD) practices. TDD means writing the tests before writing the code to make those tests pass. He gives an example of this and shows how test abstract classes too. He then comes back around and writes the code to satisfy the test.
Laravel 5.0 - Generating Missing Events
January 28, 2015 @ 11:53:39
voice your opinion now!
In the next part of his series introducing the upcoming version of the Laravel framework Matt Stauffer has posted part 16, about generating missing events.
Sometimes it can seem like a lot of work to create an event, create its handler, and bind the two. Create a command, create its handler, bind the two. I've often wished for a workflow that handled the whole process together in one. The artisan commands for generating commands and events are a good start--they both create their own entity and (optionally) its handler. But you still can spend an hour writing the command and handler, and then waste another 15 minutes trying to figure out why it's not working, only to realize you never actually bound the two together.
The solution to this in Laravel 5 is the "event:generate" handling with the artisan command line tool. He includes a look at the event handlers directories and files before executing the command and what changes post-execution, including the sample code generated for the event.
PHP breaks backwards compatibility
January 28, 2015 @ 10:41:22
voice your opinion now!
In this new post on thePHP.cc blog Stefan Priebsch talks about some of the backwards compatibility breaks that will be coming with PHP's next major version, PHP7.
According to the PHP project's current time line, PHP 7 is scheduled to be released later this year. The version number 6 will be skipped for good reasons. As is expected of a new major release, there will be some breaks in backwards compatibility. Such breaks are always a double-edged sword: some have been eagerly awaiting the removal of legacy features, others expect that existing software keeps working without modifications. The PHP project is notorious for keeping some sins of the past dating back to PHP 3 in an effort to ensure backwards compatibility. Now, with the release of PHP 7, the decision has been made to remove some features that have been marked as "deprecated" in PHP 5.
He talks about how PHP will be "re-engineered" for this major release including a uniform variable syntax and some of the things this could break (like Magento 1). He also mentions the removal of the mysql (not mysqli) extension and a major issue - that PEAR has stopped working in recent versions of PHP7 (built from the current codebase) because of how it calls non-static methods statically.
Don't see your event here?
Let us know!