The 7PHP.com site has a new community interview posted today, this time with Philip Jackson a Magento Certified Engineer. In this new post Khayrattee Wasseem asks him some questions about some of his own background as a developer and, more specifically, the Magento Certification and everything involved.
This is the #1st set of Magento Certification Tips and Advice to help anyone taking either of the FOUR Magento Exams powered by Magento - an Ebay Inc. Company: the Magento Front End Developer Certification, the Magento Developer Certification, the Magento Developer Plus Certification and/or the Magento Certified Solution Specialist. The aim being to help people who want to sit for those exams and inform them what it is all about & what to expect by hearing it from (pro) PHP Guys who have already been through it, that is.
Khayrattee's questions to Philip include things like:
- What motivated you to start using Magento & when did your journey start?
- Can you briefly give us an idea of what a Magento Certification is about & what it tries to achieve?
- Could you help us differentiate between the three available Magento certification and which one most important to have?
- Did you buy any learning material from Magento, how useful and critical were they? Would you have passed your exams without them?
- Is a Zend Certification important before getting MDC? Is there any relevance?
- Is you are good with Magento, does it mean you are equally good with Zend Framework?
Check out the full interview for the answers to these and more great questions.