Zeev Suraski needs no introduction. He is the Co-founder of Zend Technologies and is credited for some exceptional work around development during his career. In 1997, he created PHP 3 with his friend, Andi Gutmans. The name Zend is basically derived from Zeev and Andi.
Zeev’s contribution to PHP can never be ignored because it was his efforts from his early days that actually resulted in more than 20 million PHP based websites. He made significant contributions in writing the Zend engine and is also a member of Apache Software Foundation. I had the honor of interviewing Zeev, where he shared his experiences and thoughts.
In the interview Zeev answers questions about:
- how he got started with PHP and why he became "a PHP guy"
- his story about how he got into programming in general
- the work he and Andi did for PHP 3
- his opinion on PHP frameworks
- his view of PHP moving forward including PHP 7
There's plenty more great content here so if you've ever wondered some about the history of the language and where Zeev fits in it all I'd suggest giving it a read.