Verve Internet Solutions (www.verveinternet.com) is a full-service Internet communications firm with a 12 year track record serving the needs of nonprofit organizations and educational institutions. The firm is based in the Manayunk section of Philadelphia, PA.
In addition to producing sophisticated, robust websites, Verve Internet Solutions develops products designed to facilitate web content publishing, ecommerce, and group collaboration designed specifically for the needs of nonprofits and schools. The Web Developer will be involved in web production, product development, technical support of Verve's products, and in the production of websites for nonprofit clients.
This position requires working closely with and following guidelines and specifications provided by the company for quality web production, development and technical support. The opening is for immediate hire - we can hire on contract or offer full-time employment with benefits. Full-time salary is in the mid-tohigh $30s, based on experience. Work schedule is 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday on-site at our offices in Philadelphia, PA.
- Knowledgeable in the production of websites in varied structural layouts (HTML, advanced CSS structures, Drupal).
- Preparing graphics for production from Adobe Photoshop templates.
- Consistently applying Verve's production processes and standards, and suggesting improvements to the Development/Production teams.
- Bringing knowledge of other tools or technologies that may help in the production and/or development process.
- Handling support requests via Verve's HelpDesk system, and dispatching requests to other personnel if necessary.
- College study in Computer Science, Web Design, or Information Systems.
- Knowledgeable in software such as Adobe Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and other web development tools.
- Knowledge of optimization of graphics for the web.
- Understanding of how to build effective site file structures for large-scale websites.
- Working knowledge of best practices and industry-accepted web standards.
- Extensive knowledge of common Internet protocols - ftp://, http://, etc. Comfort working in a Linux/Unix server environment a plus.
- Familiarity with cross platform (IE, Firefox, Windows, Macintosh, etc.) issues; basic web server administration (Plesk a plus); user interface design principles; usability and accessibility issues.
- Good verbal and written communications skills, previous experience with technical support a plus.
- High attention to detail, and ability to work well independently with direction from others.
- Familiarity with the nonprofit sector a plus.
Application: Please send to email@example.com:
- Cover letter, highlighting your strengths and experience
- Résumé listing your employment history
- At least three different URLs of your work.
Verve Internet Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.