We are looking for junior to mid level PHP developer to assist us in meeting the increasing demands of our clients. We are actively engaged in developing, refactoring, and extending bespoke PHP applications for medium and large corporations. This is a contract position, and part/full-time employment is always an option in the future.
- Work with small teams to develop and test PHP applications in an agile enviornment.
- Communicate effectively with other developers, and be able to effectively translate specifications into working code. Ability to process work in batches and effectively communicate needs to project management is a must.
- Most commonly used technologies are PHP, MySQL, jQuery, XML, SOAP, and Debian.
- CakePHP currently a big plus, but not required. Familiarity with MVC frameworks required.
- Should be able to effectively write applications in PHP 5, and understand the differences between that and PHP 4.
- Should be able to effectively use a UNIX system. We currently use Debian internally.
- Experience with jQuery or Prototype is a plus.
- Experience with memcached, varnish, squid, or similar technologies also a plus.
- Degrees and certifications are irrelevant, so please do not hesitate to apply.
Please have at least 1 year of commercial experience and be willing to learn. Please send your resume to email@example.com.