A large manufacturer is seeking a Web Developer to join our team in Grapevine/Texas. This is an in-house, permanent position reporting to the Director of IT. Candidates will have a thorough understanding of Web Architecture and site implementation issues. The person will have the ability to work independently and within a team setting.
Responsible for designing, developing, modifying, and evaluating enterprise web application solutions directed at both internal and external audiences. Work closely with marketing team to design, develop, document and unit test system code. Recommend changes in development, maintenance, system standards and processes. Provide application technical support consistent with defined service levels.
This person must be able to communicate WELL and effectively with the marketing group.... and explain things in their terms. He/she must also be willing to follow protocol that would allow their team to make basic changes to the website as needed.
- Works on the development, approval, and implementation of web projects.
- To be involved in major customer facing web development projects that are used to support the business.
- Stay abreast of emerging software development technologies
- Develops software solutions using Industry Best Standards & Practices
- Builds user interface applications and back-end databases using various programming and scripting languages
- Authors complex Web pages
- Assists in project planning and Web site design
- Develops the source code behind each Web page, integrating artwork, text, video, and animations within the required language(s)
- Creates custom source code applications for Web site including database functions
- Builds tables, frames, and forms, and writes scripts within the browser utilizes Web authoring tools to create Web pages
- Modify, maintain and improve on existing site
- Search Engine optimization (organic SEO) knowledge and experience a plus
- Web site creative development, implementation of marketing programs, and data mining
- Passion and enthusiasm for the craft of Web development
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and accept interruptions as part of the routine
- Proven web analytics success
- 2-4+ years of experience developing Websites and/or Web Applications using PHP and HTML is required.
- 1-2+ years of experience with SQL Queries (selects, updates, deletes) is required.
- Ability to build web applications that are geared to its user base and to use resourceful planning / feedback to upgrade the application so that the end user does not have to think about ways to improve it.
- Serious attention to detail and testing.
- The ability to communicate with non technical personnel to acquire the correct information to improve the web applications.
- Experience with Object Oriented programming techniques.
- Experience with Linux is a requirement.
- Experience with Apache, MySQL, Perl or PHP is a requirement.
- Zend Studio and/or Search Engine Optimization knowledge is helpful.
- Functional knowledge of subversion for source code control.
- Comfortable creating CMS (Content Management System) applications from scratch.
- They will be doing a Website Reload.
- Ability and willingness to perform multiple roles. Although primarily as a web developer, you will be expected to aid in Linux System Administration primarily in regards to the OS, Apache and MYSQL.
- Knowledge in at least two Shell scripting languages, Bourne (bash) / Perl/csh.
- Basic action-scripting and Flash skills are desirable.
- PHP Class based templates, MYSQL query optimization and the ability to follow flow of any PHP code is a must.
- Knowledge of common PHP built functions is a necessity.
- Experience following structured development methodologies through full life-cycle development.
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, or related is helpful.
Please contact Nick Cumberland at Genesys Group if you are interested. email@example.com 214-618-5959 x234.