The Software Development team is challenged with solving complex problems that will advance our business to the next level. We build the most innovative systems in the industry using the latest technology to deliver creative solutions for our customers.
We are looking for talented software engineers with experience working with Rich Internet Application (RIA) technologies to build scalable web experiences of exceptional quality. The goal is to build innovative new interfaces to advance customer experience at SoftLayer to the next level.
If you are a talented developer who seeks responsibility, thrives when empowered, and understands the importance of personal accountability, then we would like to talk with you. As a member of the SoftLayer team, you have the opportunity to directly impact the continued success of the company. We strive to make SoftLayer a place where you want to be - a place where you are proud to work and where you are motivated to produce the best results possible.
- Implement rich user experience concepts and designs using appropriate presentation technologies
- Design, develop, and implement Object Oriented PHP applications in SOA environment
- Actively participate in a collaborative, results-oriented environment with a diverse technical team striving to deliver incremental value with high quality.
- 5+ years professional programming experience
- Proficient in using Ajax and JSON/XML data interchange formats
- Experience with Zend or similar MVC framework
- Experience in building new applications from scratch in a "greenfield" environment
- Must be able to collaborate with a team to manage and deliver assigned projects with limited supervision
- A positive attitude and willingness drive projects to completion in a fast moving environment
- Experience in a wide variety of web and development tool technologies
Education and Certifications
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, and/or demonstrated industry experience on similar successful projects Technical Requirements (i.e., demonstrated proficiency with ... )
Headquartered in Dallas, SoftLayer is the innovation leader in on-demand web hosting and data center services. As the largest hosting company in the world, SoftLayer lets customers create dedicated, cloud, or seamless hybrid computing environments, leveraging the company's world-class data center facilities in Dallas, Houston, Seattle, and Washington D.C., and network Points of Presence nationwide. SoftLayer integrates and automates all elements of its platform, empowering enterprises of any size with complete control, security, scalability, and ease-of-management via a leading Customer Portal and Open API.
If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply today.
For more information or to submit your resume, please see the career section of our website at http://www.softlayer.com/about/careers/