On NetTuts.com today there's a new article suggesting twenty ways that you can "save kittens" by following their helpful tips to learn PHP.
There's an old adage - dating back to the 1700s - which, in English, says: "A kitten dies each time a PHP programmer doesn't follow best practices." Okay, not really; but just go with it! Getting started in PHP can be a daunting experience. With that in mind, these 20 tips will teach you how to follow best practices, and save lives...kitty lives.
Some of their suggestions include:
- Program as Often as You Possibly Can
- Take Advantage of the Huge Online PHP Community
- Make Code Self-Documenting
- Add a Comment to Anything You Had to Think About
- Learn Docblock and Use It
- Don't Obsess Over Performance
- Don't Be Too Proud to Change
Check out the full article for the complete list.