Derick Rethans has posted the second part of his look at translating twitter as a part of his PHP-GTK Twitter client Haunt. Because of the deprecation route Google chose for its translation API, he needed a change to another service - the Bing Translation API.
A while ago I wrote in an article about translating tweets in my client Haunt. For the translating itself I was using the Google Translate API, which has sadly be deprecated. Evil after all I suppose. I've now rewritten my translation code to use the Bing Translation APIs instead. You need to register an API key (see http://www.bing.com/developers/appids.aspx) to be able to use the APIs. The APIs that I am using are fairly simple though.
Also included in the post is some sample code showing how to make the request to this new API and the results from the requests.