Brandon Savage has a new post to his blog with a few tips about doing well ("rocking") in your next job interview.
One of the things about the PHP field is that developers are highly sought after, and good developers are prized. While anyone can slap "PHP Developer" on their resume, most companies have gotten good at weeding out the pretenders from the real deal. This means that for a highly qualified developer, interviewing should be an easy step towards receiving an offer.
He's broken it up into a few different main points:
- Know your technical details thoroughly.
- Know the role of the person interviewing you.
- Be able to turn technical answers into non-technical answers, and vice versa.
- Learn how to be personable.
- Ask thought-provoking questions.