On the SitePoint PHP blog there's a new post introducing you to some of the extra features in the popular phpMyAdmin tool, how to enable them and their use.
PhpMyAdmin is one of the most used tools when it comes to managing your databases. By default, PhpMyAdmin does a great job. However, it comes with a lot of handy extra extensions which can be easily activated. In this article, we will activate these extensions and see what they can do for us.
Among the extra features he talks about are things like:
- Clickable links for relations
- Exporting relation information to PDF
- Adding comments to column names
- Viewing a history of queries run through the tool
- Working with users and groups
There's lots more he covers too, so be sure to check out the rest of the post for more details and screenshots of the UI changes that come with them.