I tagged Composer's 1.0.0-alpha9 release yesterday and wanted to write down a more detailed update on the highlights of this release. It includes many changes as the last tag was almost one year old. You can also check the full changelog if you want more details.
The updates (so far) include:
- Requiring packages from CLI just got easier
- Installing dependencies on the wrong environment is now possible
- You now get warnings when installing abandoned packages
- Custom composer commands via scripts
- Autoloading tests and related files
- Performance improvements
He also includes a brief note of thanks to all of those that have contributed to the project and for the support from Toran Proxy customers to help pay for the time he spends working on the tool.