The latest version of the PHP programming language in the 5.1.x series has been released today - version 5.1.3.
The PHP development team is proud to announce the release of PHP 5.1.3. This release combines small number of feature enhancements with a significant amount of bug fixes and resolves a number of security issues. All PHP users are encouraged to upgrade to this release as soon as possible.
There have been several updates and bugfixes in this release, including:
- Fixed a buffer overflow inside the wordwrap() function.
- Fixed cross-site scripting inside the phpinfo() function
- Fixed a heap corruption inside the session extension
- Fixed a number of crashes in the DOM, SOAP and PDO extensions
- Multitude of improvements to the SPL, SimpleXML, GD, CURL and Reflection extensions
The PHP team suggests you update your installation right away - you can grab this latest edition from the main PHP site or your favorite local mirror. For more information, you can check out the release announcement and the Changelog.