If you didn't get a change to make it to this year's php/db|works conference, you might want to check out one developer's perspective (Chris Hartjes) - from the preparations up to the days of the conference. Chris was presenting on What Can PHP Learn From Rails?.
You can see his progress (and experiences) in these series of posts:
- Run-up To php|works and some AJAX fun
- Slides For My php|works Presentation "What Can PHP Learn From Ruby On Rails?"
- Live From php|works (Keynote edition)
- Live From php|works - Interview with Cal Evans
- Live From php|works (laying in bed edition)
- Live From php|works Day 2 (Keynote edition)
- Live From php|works Day 2 (decompressing edition)
- Live From php|works Day 2 (sitting in the lobby edition)
- Live From php|works Day 3 (Almost there edition)
Live From php|works Day 3 (Falling asleep at home edition)
Be sure to check back for more updates as the conference comes to a close.