I just did a new release of pear.php.net which has a bunch of new features and bug fixes, most of which you can see here.
Some of the updates include:
- One column design instead of the 2 column design
- Usage of the YUI CSS reset + fonts
- The package list on http://pear.php.net/packages.php doesn't highlight deprecated packages anymore
- Now developers can see bug reports by unconfirmed accounts
- The RSS feeds now contain new line breaks!
- Patch uploading during ticket creation now works
He also specifically mentions some of the feedback he's gotten on certain things (like the new layout, the CSS of the site and the DES passwords) and explains some of the rationale behind their update/use.