The odinjobs website recently interviewed several PHPers in the community about their perspectives on PHP as a language and some of the resources they recommend. Among those on the list are Jeff Moore, Vidyut Luther, Matthew Turland and Richard Heyes.
PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor (PHP), was introduced in 1998 by Andi Gutmans, Zeev Suraski and Rasmus Lerdorf (the original PHP/FI creator). In less than 10 years, there are over 20 million internet domains hosted on servers with PHP installed (source: Wiki). We will talk to our PHP experts to see why they think PHP rocks
Here's the questions they asked:
- If you were to start afresh, would you learn PHP again?
- What do you think is the most important feature of the PHP language?
- What PHP forums would you recommend?
- What book would you recommend to a newbie?
- Name a programming language that you would like to learn? (if you had the time & resources, of course)
Check out the full article for their answers to these questions.