RealPage, the recognized leader and pioneer in multifamily property management software, with a history of developing comprehensive, industry-leading property management systems for performance-conscious owners and managers is seeking a Senior Applications Developer to join our development team in Carrollton, Texas. The team is responsible for all phases of the OneSite Accounting application development lifecycle. This position will be responsible for contributing specialized technical knowledge on new development, maintenance, and relocation of the application to a new hosting facility.
- Lead and mentor the Internet Development technical project team.
- Will work with team to meet technical expectations and goals
- Will lead the design, development and implementation of the on-demand applications. (Software as a service.)
- Will have responsibility for technical aspects of development and contribute to development standards
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the application.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Identify and recommend where new technologies may be incorporated.
- Will work with Business Analysts to aid in the design of the system and will participate with Business Analysts in their internal testing to identify problems early on.
- Participate in efforts to relocate the application in a new hosting facility.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent experience
- Experience defining technical expectations and goals of projects
- 5+ years in the IT industry and a good understanding of the full life cycle of development
- Strong SQL skills and understanding of database/data modeling concepts, preferably Oracle
- Experience in XML, XSL, XSLT and FOP
- Experience using Linux, Apache and Tomcat
- Strong analysis, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated interest in, knowledge of, and enthusiasm for Internet technologies
- Must be self-motivated and have strong communication skills, written and oral
- Must be able to succeed in a dynamic team environment and be open to overtime when necessary
- Able to sit or stand for frequent periods in the same location with some opportunity to move about
- Overtime may be required to meet departmental deadlines
Our employees embrace commonly shared values - collaboration, accountability, and customer focus with an outlook toward action and results, appreciation and respect for diversity.
Compensation 80's in addition to benefits and all the usual you would expect. We remain privately held with fewer than 800 headcount but continue a pattern of growth. Considerable breadth of product offerings ensure we remain THE source for our industry sector audience.