I now realize I was too ambitious. I tried to "pull a Vista" (sorry Microsoft) and come out with a new release with practically everything new, improved, re-engineered, etc. Like Vista, it has resulted in a long delay and a lapse of immediate functionality improvements for interested users. Unlike Vista, I'm actually getting close to done with what I wanted to accomplish, and I'm pretty happy with the result.
He hopes to have a Subversion repository up and going by early next week which will contain his official DP2 release of Willowgarden. There's still some documentation issues to work out, but the code will be ready and out with no delays from those.