Are you an energetic, self-motivated, creative individual with a passion for evangelism and excellent communication skills? Do you have a sharp, analytical mind for improving processes and user experiences? Do you have an eye for both visual and functional design? You probably already have a solid web development career, but maybe you're looking for new ways to use your talents to reach people for Jesus. Jews For Jesus is a well-known international evangelistic outreach organization headquartered in San Francisco in need of an experienced web designer with strong conceptual, production, and management skills. This is a challenging, but rewarding position that will allow you to be the lead in creating and implementing fresh design ideas for our web sites. As the web department continues to grow, you will be responsible for managing the workflow of other talented individuals. This unique opportunity for ministry challenges you to improve and develop interactive features that will engage people from all walks of life who need Jesus. If you think this might be you we are describing, make it a matter of prayer.
- Passion for sharing the gospel message of Jesus.
- Minimum of 2-5 years professional web design including at least 1 year of front-end interactive development experience
- A portfolio, live URLs, animations, or screen shots demonstrating your interactive design contributions to projects
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Flash with at least a basic understanding of PHP, XML, and AJAX
- Must be able to code web-standards compliant cross-browser compatible HTML and CSS
- Must actively keep up with emerging web technology and have a strategic understanding of how/when to apply it
- Ability to rapidly prototype and effectively communicate your own (good) ideas in a team environment
- Ability to continuously accept and effectively present fresh content by keeping good communication channels open with writers, artists, and content contributors
- Ability to work independently and pro-actively under executive supervison
- Ability to pay high attention to detail and multi-task under deadlines
As the ideal candidate for the Senior Web Developer position you also have:
- Graphic Design, Information Design, Interaction Design, Product Design, Fine Arts or similar degree
- Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing experience
- Experience with online advertising (banners, landing pages, etc)
- Experience with formatted email publications or press releases
- Illustrator and Quark experience
- Additional technical skills with Python, SQL, Zope
- Management experience (especially project management)
About Jews For Jesus
We are a mid-sized organization, with 20 branches in 11 countries. Jews For Jesus offers many generous benefits including (but not limited to) life insurance, medical and prescription insurance, dental and vision insurance, provision for retirement, bonuses, and vacation time. Many other benefits are available to full time staff members who have served with the ministry for more than three years.
Our Mission Statement:
We exist to make the messiahship of Jesus an unavoidable issue to our Jewish people worldwide.
Submit cover letter and resume, along with a portfolio and/or URLs of web sites you have worked on/designed. It will help also to know the details of how you contributed to each project (e.g. programming, overall design, graphics, functionality, etc.)
Jews for Jesus
60 Haight St.
San Francisco, CA 94102