The Zend Developer Zone has a new post covering the leadership change that just happened in the world of the Zend Framework. Mike Naberezny has moved forward to pursue other things and Jayson Minard has stepped up to fill the spot left. The post also shares the (lengthy) email that Jayson sent out to the list getting all of his ideas and intentions out in the open.
Hello everyone, I wanted to quickly introduce myself as the new lead for the Zend Framework for Zend. I will be stepping into Mike's role in working within the framework development team, and coordinating the effort as a whole. Therefore, let me tell you a bit about myself and my thoughts on this project.
Jayson goes on to talk about himself a bit, his programming past and some of his more current work as the Editor in Chief of the Zend Developer Zone. He also mentions some of the future plans for the framework, including:
- the standardization of the proposal process
- a more consistent release model
- mapping out the scope/purpose/exclusions for each part of the framwork
- plans to handle the growth of user feedback on the project
- and using the Zend Developer Zone to share more information/updates/proposals/etc pertaining to the project