Eran Galperin has a few misconceptions in web development posted to his blog today (for both front and back-end development).
Here's his list:
- OO code is less performant than procedural code
- The backend is the most important part of development
- Graphical designers are good at user interface design
- The existence of a superior programming language
- XML is more economic than a DB
While the others touch on some topics that could be PHP related, he focuses on it in #1. He points out that sometimes making classes and objects and interfaces and...well, you get the idea...is just too much and that procedural code can be the quick hit you need.