- E-Commerce and/or highly transactional databases
- UNIX exp w/Sun/Solaris or Linux
- Object Oriented Programming
- LAMP and PDF.Lib a plus
- Bachelors preferred.
- 1-5 years experience.
- May accept equivalent education and experience combined.
- Typical background requirements include knowledge in the field of computer science along with advanced knowledge of various web-enabling computer languages.
- Problems follow a standard pattern but involve a variety of administrative and/or technical solutions.
- Utilize thorough technical and theoretical understanding of several techniques to complete assigned tasks.
- Understand and reproducibly follow documented procedures; provide input for process/documentation improvements.
- Recognizes, anticipates and resolves problems.
- Designs and constructs web pages/sites including incorporating graphic user interface (GUI) features and other techniques.
- Maintains and provides ongoing design of the website.
- Interviews clients to help them clarify goals.
- Designs digitized images, banners, bullets, charts, image maps and other graphics to enhance appearance of site.
- Applies knowledge of programming techniques and computer internet systems.
- Custom tailors a plan for site using combination of graphic and written material, and modifies proposal as necessary.
- Writes, or edits and formats, copy to present message effectively.
- Designs screen displays to accomplish goals of site.
- Provides specifications, using flowcharts and diagrams, into sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding into language that can be processed by computer.
- Converts project specifications into sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding into language that can be processed by computer, applying knowledge of computer programming techniques and computer languages.
- Applies knowledge of database design standards and database management.
- Programs, runs and tests programs.
- Determines if project requires new programs or modifying existing programs that access data stored in databases.
- Replaces, deletes, or modifies codes to correct errors.
- Writes documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
- Assists in solving operating problems with site.
- Reads manuals, periodicals, and technical reports to learn ways to develop programs.
- Manages version control s/w including test to production promotion model.
- Modifies/compiles underlying system components (e.g. Apache, )
- Designs and implements new databases.
- Generally supervised environment.
- Effort requires following well-defined standards.
- Decisions and actions may affect programs or projects.
- Budgets own time to carry out assigned duties.
- Multiple but similar tasks requiring some choices from among clearly defined alternatives.
- Differing but recurring problems and/or duties.
- Required procedural proficiency and attention to policies and guidelines.
- Thinking may be guided by standard practices.
- Key benchmark: procedural proficiency, thinking guided by standard practices.
- Individual performance of or supervision of several different activities usually in a single function.
- Requires integration and coordination of work.
Contact Phil Buell of Apex Systems for more information or to submit a resume - (813) 281-8800 or Pbuell@Apexsystemsinc.com