All of you developers out there, NETTUTS.com has a question for you - are you making any of these ten PHP mistakes in your day to day development? Which ones, you ask? Read on...
Here are 10 PHP mistakes that any programmer, regardless of skill level, might make at any given time. Some of the mistakes are very basic, but trip up even the best PHP programmer. Other mistakes are hard to spot (even with strict error reporting). But all of these mistakes have one thing in common: They're easy to avoid.
Here's the list (as Glen Stanberry sees it):
- Single quotes, double quotes
- Semicolon after a While
- NOT Using database caching
- Missing Semicolon After a Break or a Continue
- Not Using E_ALL Reporting
- Not Setting Time Limits On PHP Scripts
- Not Protecting Session ID's
- Not Validating Cookie Data
- Not Escaping Entities
- Using Wrong Comparison Operators