Programmers with 5-7 years of proven PHP, MySQL, and associated experience. Consulting with project leaders, lead programmers, programmers, vendors, technicians and clients to understand computing needs and system requirements, you will be one of a team of programmers charged with meeting client needs. As an upper level programmer, you will develop highly complex code and integrate artwork, text, video, and sound into websites. Staying abreast of advances in technology and changes/updated to all security and operational requirements will be key.
- Able to deliver high quality source code independently.
- In-depth knowledge of web-based technologies and experience with problem analysis.
- Solid experience with typical software development lifecycles and methodologies, and with developing code in both text-editor and visual development (i.e. Eclipse, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, etc.) environments.
- Create highly complex, customized applications to enhance website capability based on business needs.
- Perform the following activities: development, testing, and implementation of software applications.
- Gain necessary input/approval in code reviews and may perform code review for others.
- Develop system and user documentation, research solutions, develop alternatives and make recommendations.
- Involve users in the development/maintenance of applications (e.g., requirements, testing), and understand how users use the applications.
- Investigate and resolve matters of significance for end-user problems and escalate if necessary. Identify issues and gather information; determine and recommend courses of action.
- Research, track, and understand new web technologies. Make recommendations for new policies and procedures.
- Build table frames and forms and write highly complex scripts within the browser to enhance site functionality.
- Ensure that web pages are functional across different browser types; conduct tests to verify user functions.
- Assist in resolving complex production support problems. Develop computer information resources providing for data security and control, strategic computing and disaster recovery.
- Excellent problem analysis and root cause resolution.
- Ability to work in a structured SDLC.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and switch quickly and comfortably between projects as determined by client need. Work effectively with other team members and maintain positive morale and sense of teamwork.
- Complete and submit daily time reports.
Reporting and Data Analysis (must have some of the following)
- Create highly complex, customized reporting applications to enhance website capability based on business needs.
- Provide definitions for medium-large sized reporting requirements, as well as designing, developing, testing, and implementing reports.
- Analyze data and ensure reports are created to gather relevant, useable, and accurate information for clients.
- Research, track, and understand new web reporting technologies to provide technical leadership in developing future reports.
- Ability to think critically and make actionable recommendations based on the business data needs: analyze data, interpret results and recommend.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years of professional web development experience in PHP and MySQL (or similar RDBMS).
- Broad understanding of information technology principles, concepts and techniques including software languages, design concepts, test methods, and integration practices.
- Experience with some of the following: Perl, XML, XSLT, DHTML, JQuery, Adobe Suite, web Architecture, web services and third party APIs a plus.
- Experience with the following methodologies: N-Tier Development, Object Oriented Programming, basic source code repository proficiency (CVS, SVN, etc), MVC Framework usage, and Services Oriented Architecture.
- Experience with Unix-based OS and shell environment
- Experience with Systems Architecture Development and Enterprise-wide Software Applications.
- Experience with Windows development is also desired: MS Server, SQL Server, .net(C#). We will migrate parts of our project to this environment in the future.
- Comfortable with CSS-based layouts.
- Superior knowledge of current web design trends and techniques, a strong online portfolio displaying user-centered design, and experience with web database solutions are definite assets.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation, and testing of internet/intranet web sites.
- Experience working with multimedia applications, database interactions and data modeling tools.
- Experience with software test and evaluation plans for major releases of software or upgrade of existing hardware.
- Responsible for implementing security and access controls.
- Ability to identify, recommend, develop, implement and maintain web-based application systems and tools.
- Understand and recommend configuration management changes that will enhance system performance.
- Capable of recognizing and taking the initiative to address short-term and long-term IT problems and issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating the ability to present material to senior officials.
- Ability to switch quickly and comfortably between projects as determined by client need, work effectively with other team members, and maintain positive morale and a sense of teamwork.
- Must be able to qualify for a government security clearance.
Contact Ashley Kyler at 615.886.1103 or email@example.com