I've been tasked to find a clone of me for the office (Oxford UK), and a mini mee. A scary thought really. Right so you need to be Scottish, like food, and moan a lot about the weather being either too wet or too hot.
If you don't have those skills then possibly your technical skills may do..so here goes.
- 6/7 years plus of commercial PHP experience.
- Understanding OOPHP5 in a MVC environment.
- Framework experience a bonus, we use symfony/zend, but don't let that put you off.
- MySQL, or just know how to put SQL together. Knowing how to use EXPLAIN in your queries and making indexes that work a major bonus.
- A preference for Linux over Windows (We can fight distros later), you need to be comfortable installing stuff from source if the need arises.
- Happily working in HTML etc
- The ability to slice up PSD templates if the need arises, to valid XHTML/CSS.
- Agile/SCRUM (Don't worry we've just started)
- Test driven development (Ditto)
The junior role:
- A degree in Computer Science
- At least 1 year or one project in PHP using OOP methodologies.
- Linux command line skills
- A keenness to solve problems and an attention to detail
- You will be expected to hit the ground running
Give me an email, email@example.com, with your salary
expectations and your CV.
Oh and you must be able to get yourself to Oxford for an interview under your own steam and have the right to work in the UK.