The world's largest local philanthropy, UJA-Federation of New York cares for those in
need, rescues those in harm's way, and renews and strengthens the Jewish people in
New York, in Israel, and around the world. Funds raised by UJA-Federation sustain the
activities of more than 100 health, human-service, educational, and community agencies.
Every day, these community-based organizations provide a multitude of services that
improve and enhance people's lives.
UJA-Federation is looking for a PHP web developer to work on in-house projects to
extend our website built on Open Source technologies.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, documentation and maintenance of
- PHP development with extensive responsibilities in object-oriented paradigm, MySQL,
and GD libraries
- MySQL skills, including writing complex queries, troubleshooting, and optimizing
- Experience in developing with MVC frameworks
- Collaborate with other technical members on the development of application and systems
Prior Experience, Skills, and Education
- B.A. required
- Software-engineering background, including experience in software-development
methodologies, best practices, and industry-standard design principles
- One to three years of experience in developing websites or online web
applications using object-oriented PHP5 and MySQL for data back end
- Experience with SilverStripe CMS framework is a plus
- Experience with Zend framework and Linux skills, including work with SVN for
source control, is a plus
- Ability to quickly diagnose issues and define and propose optimal solutions to
- Excellent problem solving, organization and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to multi-task
EOE. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. If interested, e-mail your resume and
cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "PHP-WEB" in the subject line.