My client is a developer of high-traffic, large-scale websites and currently has 5 PHP Developer Team Lead roles available due to aggressive growth. Centrally located in Toronto, competitive salaries, cutting edge technology and a flat structure that allows for growth and development. All in all a great environment. They are more than willing to sponsor/relocate candidates for these positions for the U. S., U.K. and Western Europe.
Reporting to the Development Manager, this role is responsible for the development of large scale Internet web sites. We are responsible for evaluation, design, selection and implementation of pragmatic, cost effective technologies, to support our various clients' business models.
- Proven team building and leadership experience in a web development environment
- Staff training and team development skills and experience
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Experienced in estimating effort and elapsed time required to complete project deliverables.
- Skilled in both Object Oriented and Non-Object Oriented Design and programming techniques.
- Several years of skill in PHP and at least one other object oriented language such as perl or Java.
- Experience designing with large scale distributed databases.
- Strong business and technical analytical ability so as to create robust technical design documentation from business requirements documentation.
- Proven ability to define success criteria to meet and measure quality expectations.
- Motivating and leading a team of 6 to 10 application developers.
- Provide feedback on business requirements documentation to ensure resolution of any apparent ambiguity or contradictions.
- Functional Breakdown, Design, Programming, testing and maintaining web site applications to support the business requirements.
- Perform impact analysis for design modification and obtain signoff from the Architecture Team.
- Participation in the selection and implementation of third party software to support design where it is practicable.
- Communicating with several third party billing processors to setup and maintain robust ecommerce billing solutions.
- Appropriate documentation for each development step - including functional, design, and testing specifications.
- Developing and documenting workload estimates (ie: Creation of workload breakdown plan to define and track software development efforts)
- Delivering functionality within these estimated effort and time frames
- Selection, implementation and/or modification of web development practices and methodologies to support continuous improvement efforts.
- Provide assistance to junior programmers to generate Low Level Design documentation for new or modified functionality.
- Conduct Design reviews with Technical Architect, Project Manager and Manager of Software Development for final design approvals.
- Conduct documentation and code reviews for their team members to ensure standards compliance.
- Define test methodology and use cases to analyze and verify software programs, forms, reports and interfaces.
- Communicate issues and status information to Project Management Office concerning system development activities.
- Liaison with Project Management Office to resolve scheduling conflict and project dependencies.
- Update system data and prepare conversion requirement as necessary for new implementation and production rollout.
- Participate in project status review meetings with other Team Leads and the Development Manager
- 5-6+ years of PHP 4/5 design/coding/testing/implementing using Open Source approach
- 4+ years of Object Orientation design and development experience for large scale distributed web applications
- Linux, Mac O/SX, MySQL, PHP, Apache/Light HTTP technologies experience
- Computer Science trained graduate or equivalent work experience
For more information contact Kenneth Cosgrove at firstname.lastname@example.org