I spoke in the unconference at PHPUK last week, on running an open source project. I thought I would collect together my thoughts into one place. [...] These are the things that, having been project lead on joind.in for a while, I think are important.
She talks about:
- The importance of fostering a good community around the project
- Providing good documentation (README in this case) for people new to the project
- Having a clear vision of the future of the project (roadmap)
- Dealing with the code contributed to the project - good and bad
- Having transparency with the contributors and anyone wanting to find out more about the project