Congratulations go out to Derick Rethans for the outstanding work he's done on XDebug for the last ten years. From his latest blog post:
Today it has been ten years since the first release of Xdebug: version 0.7.0. I would like to celebrate this tenth anniversary with a new release: Xdebug 2.2.0. Xdebug 2.2 adds support for PHP 5.4 and provides some new features.
There's five new things on his list of updates in this latest release:
- Colours on the command line
- Better support for closures in stack and function traces
- The size of arrays is now shown with the overloaded variable output
- Added the method call type to xdebug_get_function_stack
- Extra information to error printouts to tell that the error suppression operator has been ignored due to xdebug.scream
If you've found XDebug handy for testing and finding those tough to track bugs over the years, you should consider buying "support" to show Derick your appreciation (oh, and you also get a "first in" preference on your XDebug questions)!