From the Vexxhost.com blog today comes a quick overview of some of the "new and cool features" of PHP 5 that you might not have heard of - a top five list.
PHP5 has brought so much new features but because of its big syntax changes, a big percentage of the PHP developing base has not made the change. Here are the top new features that could change your mind.
The list they've created includes:
- Better error handling with exceptions
- Completely rewritten MySQL extension
- A heck of a lot more useful functions
- Finally! SQLite database support!
- The best damn OOP support period