As loyal readers to my blog know, my employer has committed to using CakePHP. That's okay, I'm a big boy and can handle working with different things as clients (and bosses) demand. So, after maybe a week and a bit of working with CodeIgniter I thought I'd talk about it.
He's broken it down into a series of bullet-points to summarize the experience (there's explanations under each too):
- Once you know one MVC framework, you know them all
- CodeIgniter mixes OOP and functions
- Lack of conventions makes Chris sad
- CodeIgniter's User Guide Is Awesome
- No built-in associative data mapping makes Chris sad