We are seeking versatile, multi-skilled developers with the drive and passion to work with innovative and emerging web technologies! You will work on ground-breaking new technologies and strategic solutions that will enable our Client's online ambitions, enabling and leading innovations across the web space.
PHP, LAMP....Our Client's innovations team is engaged in producing 'scenario driven' proof-of-concepts and prototypes and is busy developing creative new solutions across areas such as social media, communications, content and advertising. Innovations also spearheads new development for their network of websites incorporating Agile/XP development approaches.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Collaboration with product owners and front-end developers to design and develop back-end components for proof-of-concepts, prototypes solutions and public-facing beta products;
- Showcasing of solutions to stakeholders;
- Promotion of open standards;
- Investigation of new and alternative technologies and products;
- Proactive participation in evolving Agile working practices and innovation in development tools and frameworks.
Suitable candidates will possess:
- Extensive experience of designing and implementing highly available and scalable consumer facing web applications;
- Proven track record of delivering high quality work in a timely manner with a focus on business value;
- A collaborative working approach with an easy communications style;
- Passion for new technologies, with demonstrable ability to pick up new languages and frameworks quickly and to apply your new-found knowledge to key design decisions;
- Strong knowledge of either PHP/Lamp based platforms or Java;
- Strong experience in Agile methodologies and XP practices such as test-driven development, continuous integration and build systems. Also Linux system administration, Apache, MySQL, XML and RSS.
If you are interested or know anyone that would be please contact me using firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +44 1491 411 020.