Betfair US currently seeks a Lead Software Engineer to focus their creativity and passion on our Web Platform.
This position will have overall responsibility in delivering consumer-focused, highly scalable and high availability
Through collaboration with Executives and our Architectural teams; our Lead will manage a small team of talented
developers to take technical and design concepts into production through their creative vision…
- Create, deliver and maintain a very scalable system architecture to address a high availability internet site and varied sets of internal applications
- Work with the technology and product management leaders to develop and deliver the company strategy and vision
- Work with the senior engineers to provide clear leadership in technical design and architecture of Betfair US software systems
- Share knowledge with other members of the Software Engineering team
- Lead the development of white papers and other technical documents to effectively present Betfair's US technology
- Participate in reviewing and evaluating 3rd party technologies and vendors
- Work with patent attorneys to identify and file patents
- BS in CS, Preferred MSCS (or equivalent) and 5-8 years of hands-on software design and development experience or data and mathematical analysis
- Strong hands on skills in - PHP, RoR, Java, Flash, AMFPhP, memcached, memqueue, + at least one of LAMP stack environments
- Relational Databases and SQL ( MySQL, Oracle, logical design and stored procedures).
- Proven ability to lead and manage a small (3-5) team of engineers
- Deep experience building Distributed Large Scale Systems focused on highly available websites
- Proven ability to operate effectively at the senior level
- Exceptional motivator and technical leader
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
Additional Experience Desired:
Social & Web Gaming; Mobile Gaming, Virtual World Applications (UX, Currency, Transactions, Community,
Micro-Payments, Start-up Exp)
Betfair US Overview
Located in San Francisco; Betfair US is a true start-up being developed from the ground up! We are an incubation
team consisting of highly talented, passionate, and collaborative team members. We look to continue to build our
team with the brightest and most creative individuals across all disciplines. This is a tremendous opportunity for
those with an entrepreneurial mindset to help create the direction we take with our technology platform and product portfolio.
For more infromation or to submit your resume, contact Seth Dawson at SDawson@tvg.com or by phone 415-515-2654.