Pascal Martin has posted a summary of the PHP internals mailing list discussions for the month of June.
June 2014 came back down to a reasonable 493 messages on PHP's internals@ mailing-list, after a month of May with more than 800 mails, including some long discussions about phpng.
He goes over several other topics discussed last month including:
- the upcoming PHP 5.6 release
- the end of life on PHP 5.3
- a discussion around "pickle" (an alternative extension installer)
- the "bare name array" RFC
- the serialization break (that was later rectified)
...and many more. Check out the full summary for more discussions and links to several of the topics and resources involved.