The CCI Web Team Developer plays a pivotal role in delivering world-class websites, portals, applications, content management systems, databases, and emerging mobile and social technologies to support the work of designers and content producers in execution of team initiatives. The developer provides the backbone of delivering robust websites that utilize the latest technologies and designs to enhance their natural search and conversion abilities.
- Support CCI initiatives in the areas of student portal, social network applications, & video applications.
- Assist in optimizing flagship & ancillary websites for mobile device traffic. Develop mobile applications as needed, and work with outside and internal resources to integrate SMS texting into applicable systems.
- Develop domain management tool, manage & optimize hosting solution providers, audit and monitor websites & URLs.
- Provide code testing before it is deployed for public viewing. Establish development standards, version control, & documentation. Includes oversight of email service provider custom coding.
- Creates efficient and logical databases and effectively employ database design techniques using MySQL.
- Recognize system deficiencies and implements effective solutions. Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Create XML schemas.
- Communicate and enforce coding standards
- Create well designed, reusable objects.
- Create and execute project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Serve as system administrator for Windows IIS and Linux servers.
- Communicate effectively to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Manage expectations effectively.
- Actively contributes to corporate knowledge base.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of HTML, XHTML, DHTML, PHP, AJAX, XML, CSS, OOP (Object Oriented Programming), Linux, Windows IIS, Windows XP/Vista, Mac OS X, RDBMS, common PHP Frameworks, Memcached, & DNS.
- Understands complex database concepts as well as the implications of different database designs.
- Familiarity with the LAMP environment (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP).
- Possesses significant knowledge of client server and Internet systems architectures.
- Understands browser specific compatibility issues.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Familiarity with version control systems (CVS, SVN).
- Possesses demonstrated work experience with more than one relational database management system.
- Ability to diagnose and fix programming issues relating to website operations.
- BS in computer information systems or equivalent.
- 5 years demonstrated experience in Web development.
- Please be willing to provide code samples.
We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package including a comprehensive healthcare program and a 401k plan.
Qualified candidates ONLY - apply online for consideration and the potential opportunity to work with a dynamic and growing company.