You love coding and building new things. You're smart, you're fast, and most importantly, you always get it done. Admit it, you're a rockstar.
Chegg is looking for an experienced, energetic PHP Developer. The ideal candidate for this position has worked with high-load, high-availability websites previously and must be comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment.
Funded by 2 top tier VC's, Chegg is changing the way college students obtain textbooks. Already on over 4,000 campuses, Chegg is the #1 in book rentals. Chegg was recently featured on Techcrunch.
- Work in a fast paced and highly collaborative development environment tasked with engineering improvements to our site's features, performance and interface using PHP
- Build new features and enhancements as we scale our systems with growth.
- Prototype and implement optimization techniques and participate in design and code reviews
- Continuously improve Chegg's products, usability and user experience.
- Strong background in web application development using PHP
- Well versed in code optimization and software design principles
- Experience with an object oriented coding language
- Experience working in a Unix/Linux environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Ability to identify performance bottlenecks in PHP applications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels
- Medical, dental and vision plans with no premium for employees
- Complimentary catered breakfast, lunch and compensated dinner daily
- Laundry service
- Subsidized gym membership
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.