On NetTuts.com today there's a new tutorial posted showing you how to create user authentication with a Laravel framework-based application. Their example comes complete with registration and login code and the markup for the pages.
Authentication is required for virtually any type of web application. In this tutorial, I'd like to show you how you can go about creating a small authentication application using Laravel 4. We'll start from the very beginning by creating our Laravel app using composer, creating the database, loading in the Twitter Bootstrap, creating a main layout, registering users, logging in and out, and protecting routes using filters.
They walk you through every step of the way - providing the PHP and HTML (and a bit of CSS) needed to make the system:
- Creating a new project and installing dependencies
- Connecting to the database and making the "Users" table
- Making the registration page (with controller and view)
- Handling the form submission from the page
- Making a basic login page
- Adding the "log out" functionality as well
You can also just hop over to Github and grab the full example if you'd like to see how it all fits together.