Earlier this week, I suggested PHP could be multithreaded. The sample I provided was very simple and at least one reader quickly wondered how to communicate with threads. If you haven't already, take a look at part 1 to get some basic information about threads in PHP.
It took a bit longer to get that part working that simple threads, but as of now, I have a functional prototype of an HVAC thread.
The post is broken up into five different files to make things work:
- an overall class for the main functionality (their example of running the heater or AC)
- a class to create and set up a thread
- a "thready utility" class to handle the response from a thread
- a thread library to handle creation/interaction/etc
- the example file of the system in use