Continuing on from his previous post on output handling, Arnold Daniels shows how to build on the previous setup and add the ability to include dynamic data into the template.
For instance, it would be nice if the data in the left column, 'Beauty Tips', could be different for each page. There are several ways to solve this, but for know I will choose the simplest.
He takes a few steps to make adding the content simple:
- Adding markers for the title and left menu to the template
- Change the OutputHandler class to make it less static
- use setData() to title the page
- user setData() to add left column content
- Use mark() and endmark() to section off a part of the template.