Photrade.com is a rapidly growing, venture-backed web 2.0 startup company located in Cincinnati, Ohio. Our website enables our users to share, protect and make money from their digital images through a web 2.0 interface. We’re solving complex semantic problems around data management and auto-classification.
Agile Web Applications Developer
This is an opportunity for a self-starter to really make their mark. Unlike larger companies, Photrade provides the right candidate with the opportunity to truly excel and shine as they will have the opportunity for significant financial rewards, a high level of recognition and rapid promotion within our dynamic organization.
We want only the best people to work with us and are looking for someone to add to our fun and exciting business environment. We believe in a work hard, play hard environment, and you should too. This position will report directly to the VP of Engineering and provides significant financial rewards, learning opportunities and growth potential for the right candidate.
The responsibilities listed below are representative of the daily tasks. However, we are a startup and need the person to be flexible to accomplish our business objectives.
- Implement requirements in PHP 5.0 and MySQL into the existing architecture.
- Define and execute the technical vision and IT strategy in alignment with the broader corporate objectives.
- Participate in and contribute to strategic discussions as a key member of the technical staff.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and ability preferred, but not required.
- Experience building web applications on a LAMP stack in an agile environment
- Expertise in PHP and MySQL.
- SQL - Database performance expertise.
- Solid experience with at least one lower-level language.
- Able to write lean, clean, effective Object Oriented code.
- Has an understanding of the semantic web and "Web 2.0" principles
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience and includes a Stock Option plan.
Start Date: Immediate.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.