Stealth mode startup seeks a sharp, motivated PHP engineer to help launch Beta website on a tight deadline.
Founded by serial entrepreneurs who have helped build successful internet brands in Silicon Valley and Europe, our company is based on an internationally proven business model and has tremendously high growth (and profitability) potential. We are producing a next-generation social network involving mobile technology and e-commerce components.
This is a real opportunity to join a high potential startup and build something of real value. Whether you are a seasoned engineer or a super smart college student, we want to talk to you if you think you have what it takes to have a large roll in the development of our site and its database.
We've secured angel funding, built the wireframes, wrote the specs and are moving fast -- if you're interested in joining us, please send us your resume.
- Excellent web programming knowledge and 2+ years experience building sites in PHP, specifically using frameworks such as Zend.
- Strong SQL knowledge and the ability to fundamentally understand relational database theory
- Strong ability to write structured code followed up with clear documentation
- Strict adherence to web 2.0 standards and cross-platform compatibility
- Solid understanding of browser capabilities and restrictions
- Knowledge of web server platforms, protocols and applications
- Ability to write clean, light code (and then test your clean, light code)
- Understanding of SEO and experience with design programs (eg. Illustrator and PhotoShop) is a plus
- XHTML expertise is a plus
- Linux experience is a plus
- Obsession with new technologies and trends, especially in social or mobile tech
- Self-driven, with a good approach to working efficiently and effectively
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to set (and meet) realistic deadlines
- True passion for creating clean, functional and well-designed sites
NON-TECHNICAL / DESIRABLE SKILLS
- It is absolutely required that you can be self motivated, work independently and work under very tight deadlines.
- It is absolutely required that you have a good sense of humor, have an open minded attitude, have high level of integrity and like to have fun (work hard, play hard)
- Intense desire to build something successful from the ground-up
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Slight addiction to social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Sense of adventure: willing to take risks, either for the adrenaline or experience
- Love of travel, especially backpacking or visiting remote destinations
- Fluency in another language is a plus (eg. Spanish, German, Chinese, etc)
Did we mention that our site will be a good thing for the world? Sure, profitability may be our main focus but we're actually building something that will help people across the globe. (Really.)
This is a contract-to-hire position. Compensation is dependent on availability and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume, compensation expectations and a brief cover letter to LeadDevJob@gmail.com. Thanks.