Broadcast Interactive Media, a leading provider of editorial and promotional support to television and radio stations across the country, is seeking a PHP Developer. Broadcast Interactive Media seeks someone who loves the Web, thrives on tight deadlines and problem solving. Broadcast Interactive Media needs people that understand what it takes to deliver the highest level of customer service, develop new web products and enjoy being part of an energetic and dynamic organization.
The successful candidate will work with a small team of developers dedicated to building a core set of services leveraged across a wide variety of products and systems using consistent design methodologies. Strong candidates should enjoy writing high-performance web applications in a fast-paced environment while adhering to strict timelines and maintaining a keen attention to detail. The position will consult with the the Director of Core Services and is expected to maintain a high level of ownership over all aspects of assigned projects and responsibilities.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Three or more years of experience developing web applications with PHP5
- Two or more years of experience designing, implementing and integrating with web services (REST, SOAP, XML-RPC)
- Thorough understanding of RESTful design methodologies and constructs
- Experience with one or more MVC frameworks
- Experience with version control systems, especially Git
- Strong object-oriented design sensibilities
- High level of familiarity with the LAMP stack
- Extensive experience working from the command-line
The following additional skills will be an asset:
- Experience leveraging "cloud" web services, especially the Amazon Web Services suite
- Experience with one or more other programming languages, especially Java
- Familiarity with unit testing methodologies and frameworks
- Experience with so-called "NoSQL" data storage solutions
Although intense, this is an opportunity to work with a talented team and contribute to a new and growing company. Successful candidates have a great attitude, are fast learners, excellent communicators, comfortable with technology, are able to take direction, and quickly form telephone/e-mail based relationships.
Salary: D.O.E., plus benefits; Life Insurance, Group Health/Dental Insurance, 401(k), FSA and the opportunity to participate in our Company Appreciation Right’s Program, likened to stock options, available based on performance.
If you are interested in becoming part of the Broadcast Interactive Media team, please send your resume and samples of sites you have designed and/or coded to; email@example.com within the body of an email. Due to BIMlocal security concerns no attachments will be read.