August 29, 2012 @ 10:48:42
voice your opinion now!
On Tuesday, September 11th, the Lake/Kenosha County PHP User Group will be hosting their next meeting - a special presentation from Elizabeth Naramore (a community evangelist from Engine Yard) with her talk "Get a Hammer for that Nail!"
This month we have a special guest - PHP Luminary Liz Naramore! Liz currently works for the premier PHP PaaS provider EngineYard. She's a co-founder of phpWomen & is an active member of OINKPUG (the Ohio, Indiana, and Northern Kentucky PHP User Group). A frequent speaker at tech conferences and online seminars, she's bringing her expertise to Lake / Kenosha PHP Tuesday, September 11th at 7pm.
If you're in the Milwaukee, WI area on the 11th and want to check it out, you can get more details (and RSVP) on their Meetup page. The meeting starts at 7pm at Bucketworks.
Jacob Group (Recruiter) Seeks Director of Software Development (Lacrosse, WI)
January 20, 2011 @ 07:39:35
voice your opinion now!
||The Jacob Group (Recuriter)
||Director of Software Development
We are looking for a seasoned LAMP stack technologist with over 10 years of professional experience, with at least the past five years in a team leadership capacity. You must be a master of all aspects of development, including scalability, profiling, refactoring, design patterns and modern MVC architectures including frameworks like Zend and Code Igniter.
You will be mentoring and leading a team of highly skilled, intelligent and engaging software professionals and you will need superior technical chops and the right people skills to balance the requirements of this role. Someone that is a highly skilled Agile practitioner, with experience in building Scrum and Agile teams while leveraging TDD and XP practices to drive successful software product development teams is desired.
- Linux & Apache
- Virtual Hosts, Mod_Rewrite and httpd.conf settings
- Performance tuning, debugging and profiling
- SSL and Session Management
- Ability to custom compile, build RPMs and/or use yum/apt-get for management
- LAMP stack under a RedHat/CentOS environment preferred
- Intermediate level skills on Linux/System V machines
- Shell scripting experience in Sed/Awk or PERL
- Experience with file systems management, LVM and services management
- Zend Optimizer, APC and other opcode caching technologies
- PECL, PEAR and standard APIs, libraries and extensions
- Single instance and distributed memcached integration
- Knowledge of debuggers, profilers and system tracing utilities like GDB, xdebug
- OOP Programming skills, including MVC-based frameworks
- Scalability & Performance tunings
- Unit Testing experience (jUnit, SimpleTest, PHPUnit)
- Testing automation and Continuous Integration systems (CruiseControl, Ant, Selenium)
- Development experience with Web Services (REST/SOAP & 3rd party APIs)
- Developing on multiple platforms (VIM, Zend, NetBeans, Eclipse)
- Experience with Version Control Systems (Subversion, Mercurial, Git)
- Server Configuration & Management
- Query Optimization
- Experience writing Stored Procedures, Triggers and Views
- Experience with a variety of Storage Engines (Innodb, MyISAM, Heap, ndb cluster)
- Experience with clustered environments using MySQL Cluster / Multi-Master Replication
- Strong database architectural design experience
- Front End
- Experience with jQuery or other JS libraries
- Ability to learn emerging technical standards and apply/coach development team in proper adoption
- Leadership & Experience
- Servant Leadership
- Certified Scrum Master or other Scrum/Agile certification or relevant experience
- 3+ years in supporting iterative and incremental software development teams
- Experience in a variety of corporate environments in a coaching/training role in teaching Product Owners and Stakeholders the details of Agile, XP and Scrum
- Experience with the A3 Process from Toyota, TOC and other Lean techniques applied to software development teams and organizations
- Expert mentoring and conflict resolution skills
- An ability to present to technical and non-technical audiences from junior staff to C-level executives
- Prior Experience
- Past success in a startup environment is preferred
- Experience as a LAMP stack Manager/Leader for a Fortune 500 or Top 100 domain
- 10+ years of experience in LAMP stack development
- 3-5+ years of management and gradually increasing leadership positions
- Prior CTO/VP/Director level experience is required
- Must have experience managing multiple teams with 20 or more technologists
- Nice to Have
- Advanced CS or Engineering Degree
- Experience within the Open Source community
- Recent professional references that showcase your strengths
- LinkedIn or other social media profiles, blogs or portfolio of work to review
- Previous experience presenting at PHP, Agile or Open Source conferences and events
- Previous work experience in the field of eLearning systems development
For more information or to submit your resume, contact Lonnie Brown at Lonnie@JacobGroup.com or 214-544-9030.
Broadcast Interactive Media Seeks PHP Developer (Madison, WI)
July 29, 2010 @ 22:41:16
voice your opinion now!
||Broadcast Interactive Media
Broadcast Interactive Media, a leading provider of editorial and promotional support to television and radio stations across the country, is seeking a PHP Developer. Broadcast Interactive Media seeks someone who loves the Web, thrives on tight deadlines and problem solving. Broadcast Interactive Media needs people that understand what it takes to deliver the highest level of customer service, develop new web products and enjoy being part of an energetic and dynamic organization.
The successful candidate will work with a small team of developers dedicated to building a core set of services leveraged across a wide variety of products and systems using consistent design methodologies. Strong candidates should enjoy writing high-performance web applications in a fast-paced environment while adhering to strict timelines and maintaining a keen attention to detail. The position will consult with the the Director of Core Services and is expected to maintain a high level of ownership over all aspects of assigned projects and responsibilities.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Three or more years of experience developing web applications with PHP5
- Two or more years of experience designing, implementing and integrating with web services (REST, SOAP, XML-RPC)
- Thorough understanding of RESTful design methodologies and constructs
- Experience with one or more MVC frameworks
- Experience with version control systems, especially Git
- Strong object-oriented design sensibilities
- High level of familiarity with the LAMP stack
- Extensive experience working from the command-line
The following additional skills will be an asset:
- Experience leveraging "cloud" web services, especially the Amazon Web Services suite
- Experience with one or more other programming languages, especially Java
- Familiarity with unit testing methodologies and frameworks
- Experience with so-called "NoSQL" data storage solutions
Although intense, this is an opportunity to work with a talented team and contribute to a new and growing company. Successful candidates have a great attitude, are fast learners, excellent communicators, comfortable with technology, are able to take direction, and quickly form telephone/e-mail based relationships.
Salary: D.O.E., plus benefits; Life Insurance, Group Health/Dental Insurance, 401(k), FSA and the opportunity to participate in our Company Appreciation Right's Program, likened to stock options, available based on performance.
If you are interested in becoming part of the Broadcast Interactive Media team, please send your resume and samples of sites you have designed and/or coded to; firstname.lastname@example.org within the body of an email. Due to BIMlocal security concerns no attachments will be read.
The Geo Group Seeks PHP Programmer (Madison, WI)
March 19, 2009 @ 15:17:29
voice your opinion now!
||The Geo Group
You will be responsible for maintaining, enhancing, and developing PHP-based business automation tools, in collaboration with 2 other programmers (including the IT Manager). You will also use your PHP scripting skills for "localization", which means processing files in difficult translation projects.
Please do not apply if you do not have these minimum qualifications:
- substantial experience with PHP
- substantial experience with Linux command-line scripting
The perfect candidate would also have:
- knowledge of a foreign language
- experience with CAT tools
- experience with Flash/ActionScripting
You will be communicating with our clients (typically US corporate clients), so please show me in your application that you can do so.
For consideration, please submit
- cover letter
- salary requirements
to Philipp Strazny (email@example.com) with the title "PHP Programmer Position" and be prepared to submit three references.
University of Wisconsin, Department of Medicine Seeks Web Developer (Madison, WI)
September 14, 2007 @ 11:12:00
voice your opinion now!
||University of Wisconsin, Department of Medicine
Must be local to Madison, WI or already have plans to move to the area. Please send your cover letter, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refer to position Vacancy listing number 57187.
Don't see your event here?
Let us know!