We are looking for an exceptionally intelligent, talented and enthusiastic Web Developer to provide support for the Publishing Team's suite of content-rich online properties.
The major responsibilities of the Web Developer will be:
- Working closely with the Technical Manager and Web producer to create, redesign, and maintain websites
- Joining a team of web developers to design, develop, and debug web applications
- Using creativity to innovate new products to enhance web user experience
- Keeping up with new internet standard and web technologies (AJAX, Ruby on Rails)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with hand-coded HTML
- In-depth knowledge of GIF and JPEG formats, as well as slicing and optimization of images for the web
- Understanding and demonstrated adaptation of cross-platform, cross-browser compatibility concerns
- Professional web application development experience in building database-driven applications and websites
- Experience with Transact-SQL languages and Access/Oracle databases (MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle)
- Knowledge of web search engine mechanics
- Exposure to object-oriented language, such as Java, Microsoft .NET
Please send a cover letter and your resume to bmitchell [at] quinstreet [dot] com
This is a full-time position in Foster City, California.