- Ensure that Your Own Social Network for Anything is as fast as possible. Then push to make it faster.
- Be the performance expert across all of our application development efforts - define the goals and framework for ensuring we are always getting faster as a service.
- Work closely with all members for the application development team to optimize the performance of each component and/or feature.
- Perform regular architecture and design reviews for new and existing features from a performance standpoint.
- Monitor overall site performance using internal and external tools. Develop tools as needed.
- Identify and own performance issues, design and develop code to address these issues.
- Identify performance hotspots and risks. Develop short and long term plans to address these issues before they impact growth
- BS/MS in Computer Science.
- Direct and extensive PHP and/or cross browser web development experience.
- Knowledge of PHP internals, Apache, and system profiling tools.
- Deep knowledge of how web pages and their elements are processed and rendered across all major browsers and their versions.
- Experience programming scalable web applications and considerably improving their performance.
- Knowledge of web services, and agile development methodologies desired.
- Experience working on websites with very high transaction volumes.
- In-depth knowledge of network programming, and HTTP protocol.
- Recent hands-on experience with some script and shell programming (e.g. Perl and Shell).
- Personality, comfort and desire to be a leader.
- Curiosity. You've created a social network on Ning. You dive into a bit more detail and are struck by the Ning Content Store and why we chose that architecture. You have ideas on how to make the site better and faster. You have lots of technical questions for us.
Please send your resume to email@example.com