On the OpenShift blog today there's a new post about how to get started using their service together with CodeIgniter and MongoDB to create a simple site.
In this blog post, I am going to show you how to get up and running with CodeIgniter and MongoDB. Best of all, I will show you how to get all of this deployed to a fully scalable environment using OpenShift from Red Hat.
The process involves:
- Creating an OpenShift account
- Installing the RHC client tools
- Creating an OpenShift application
- Adding mongodb to your application
- Adding mongodb support to CodeIgniter
- Creating a Model, View, and Controller
- Deploy and test your application
You can then SSH into the instance and look at the database to call a "find()" and see what's there.