Vanderbilt University Seeks Analyst / Programmer (Nashville, TN)
April 08, 2009 @ 13:17:02
voice your opinion now!
||Analyst / Programmer
The Center for Stem Cell Biology at Vanderbilt University is seeking an Analyst / Programmer in the area of research Informatics. This position will be a part of a team responsible to develop, maintain, and improve database-driven web applications to support and facilitate collaborative scientific research.
Note: to apply for this position you must apply online at the following link: http://www.vanderbilt.jobs. Search using requisition RM11693.
This position requires a minimum of two years college and 36 months related professional experience. Additional industry specific experience can be substituted to meet educational requirements.
Technical background needed to be successful:
- Proficiency with Linux/UNIX
- Proficiency with PHP, LAMP and Python development
- Familiarity with at least one MVC framework (Ruby on Rails, Django or CakePHP)
- Familiarity with AJAX techniques and with at least one AJAX framework (JQuery preferred)
- Fluency with SQL and possessing significant experience with at least one RDBMS (Oracle, MySQL, or PostGreSQL)
- Familiarity with source code control (Subversion, CVS)
- Proven ability to work independently or in a team environment; good organization and communication skills
- Education in biology or experience in biological research preferred
Gain direct experience with research informatics methodologies by working in a challenging environment designing, testing, and implementing custom computer-based information systems using complex software code/programming languages; managing production and providing primary user support; performing system analysis and programming development on assigned projects. This is a full-time position which includes a competitive benefits package.
Several reasons why you should apply to the position:
Red Ventures Seeks Sr. Systems Analyst/Web Developer (Charlotte, NC)
February 08, 2008 @ 16:17:00
voice your opinion now!
||Sr. Systems Analyst/Web Developer
WHAT WE DO:
Very simply put- Red Ventures acquires customers for Great
Brands through a myriad of direct marketing channels. We combine
analytical marketers, high performing and often unique direct response
marketing channels, a superior web and sales infrastructure, with a
robust technology and reporting platform. We partner with industry
leading brands such as DIRECTV, SIRIUS Satellite Radio, and ADT Home
Security Systems. Red Ventures success has recently been recognized by
Inc Magazine with the #4 ranking on their Fastest Growing Private
Companies in the US list and by DIRECTV as their Dealer of the Year!
WHY SHOULD YOU WANT TO WORK HERE?
Red Ventures' company culture is what
gives us our competitive advantage and what attracts top talent from all
over the nation. We give our employees the freedom to drive their career
direction and to create their own growth opportunities. There is an
amazing energy and determination to our team but it comes in a casual
office environment with no bureaucracy and no dress code. To be a real
player in our company you must be passionate about your work and we
expect that passion to run over into the rest of your life. Red Ventures
requires that our employees have a healthy work life balance where fun
and excitement are a common theme.
We offer unique benefits to our employees such as company sponsored
Happy Hours, Cook Outs on our back patio and quick games of 3 on 3 on
the basketball court. Tired of paying for parking? We have free parking
and our office is conveniently surrounded by restaurants, shops, a
fitness facility, and a daycare center. While we are very proud of our
current benefits, we look internally for suggestions on ways to
continually improve our benefits!
We offer a top-notch work environment for our developers, that includes
Eclipse with SVN using two development machines and three monitors!
SR. SYSTEMS ANALYST/WEB DEVELOPER POSITION:
Due to our growth we are seeking a Sr. Systems Analyst/Web Developer to
be in a lead technical role on one of our businesses. This position
requires the developer to have the business savvy to translate vague
business requirements into tangible and accurate technical requirements
as well as to anticipate future requirements within the design of new
systems. This person should have experience in real-world LAMP
(Linux/FreeBSD, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Perl) development as well as a proven
record participating and working with the business side of a company.
This person must be well-experienced in large scale complex database
design, query creation, and data integrity checking, processing, and
The primary job responsibility for this position is to provide PHP
programming and functionality for a wide variety of consumer-related
websites, intranets, extranets and web-based applications. This entails
designing, evaluating, updating and maintaining OO and non-OO
applications in PHP with a heavy emphasis on database design and
reporting. This is the perfect opportunity for LAMP Developers looking
to play a key role in creating enabling technology for a successful
online and offline marketing company. This position will have a large
development component based on the business requirements produced during
business strategy sessions and day to day business requirements and
Successful candidates will have demonstrable experience building real
online applications in a LAMP environment and will be able to make a
meaningful contribution from day one. They will be comfortable working
with team members at all levels and departments within the organization.
These individuals will be willing to share their opinions and insights
with business leaders on a daily basis in order to affect rapid decision
cycles and effective technical solutions to business requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Sciences or similar field
- 6+ years of solid PHP and MySQL development
- Ability to translate business requirements into system design
- Ability to partner and work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Strong debugging skills and the ability to easily and quickly read and
- modify existing code
- Sense of humor
- Desire to roll up your sleeves and dig into the work!
University Health Network/Toronto General Hospital Seeks LAMP Web-developer
April 25, 2007 @ 13:54:00
voice your opinion now!
As posted on the Technovated.com blog
||University Health Network/Toronto General Hospital
||Technical Analyst - LAMP Web-developer
The Eysenbach Research Group seeks a web-developer who will be in charge for JMIR/OJS/WebCite-related activities, including but not limited to:
- enhancing and maintaining the functionality of the Journal of Medical Internet Research ( www.jmir.org )
- designing and implementing a web archiving system ( www.webcitation.org ) with PHP/MySQL
- writing and running scripts to automatically tag articles with XML for publication
- typesetting (XML-tagging) manuscripts
- developing new ways to improve online academic publishing and promote open access publishing
- resolving any server/technical issues that arise with either webcitation.org or jmir.org
- supporting site users, authors, etc.
- providing technical guidance and support for new research projects
The following are also considered assets
- capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing
- intimately familiar with ALL aspects of LAMP-based Web development
- able to work in a shell environment
- knowledge of XML and related technologies (XSL XPath, DOM)
- excellent problem solving skills and a love for technical challenges
- familiarity with regular expressions
- strong awareness of usability and human interface / design issues
- interest in open access publishing
- familiarity with research databases and their related technical challenges
- desire to work in the non-profit sector
- interest in and knowledge about Web 2.0 approaches
- information science background, with technical knowledge about bibliographic and other metadata
- experience with content management systems, wikis etc
The University Health Network has repeatedly been selected as one of Canada's top 100 employers (http://www.uhn.ca/About_UHN/top_100.asp).
The position is based in downtown Toronto, but we are willing to discuss a teleworking arrangement. We are thinking of a full-time employee, but are also willing to discuss a freelancing arrangement (please specify your hourly rate).
Some of the work could be used as a thesis/research project, thus students (e.g. PhD part-time students) - especially in information and computer science - are invited to apply.
Contact geysenba at uhnres.utoronto.ca
October 19, 2006 @ 12:11:00
voice your opinion now!
Don't see your event here?
Let us know!