Mathias Noback has continued his series looking at the use of command busses in PHP applications. In this third part of his series, he answers some questions that have been asked by his own readers.
So far we've had three posts in this series about commands, events and their corresponding buses and handlers: a wave of command buses, responsibilities of the command bus, from commands to events. Now I'd like to take the time to answer some of the very interesting questions that by readers.
He answers questions about:
- The difference between commands and events
- Disadvantages of using a command bus
- The command as constructor argument
- How to return a value from the command bus
- Could commands handle themselves?
Each question comes with a portion of the question from the original author, an explanation and some code where needed to illustrate his point.