In a new post to his site Tomas Votruba walks you through the process he followed for moving his site [away from the Jekyll static site generator over to Statie], PHP-based static site generator.
Jekyll is great to start for micro websites like gomonorepo.org and <a href="https://gophp71.org/>gophp71.org from Jekyll to Statie. Can new init command make this piece of cake? And what needs to be done next?
He goes through each step of the process (nine of them), providing code and configuration examples along the way:
- Create Basic Statie Structure
- Move Source files to /source Directory
- Move Parameters Files Under parameters > [param name] Sections
- Upgrade Absolute Links to Moved Files
- Load Moved YAML Files in statie.yml
- Remove site.data. and use Variables Directly
- Setup Github Pages deploy in Travis
- Clean Metadata from Headers
The final step in the process are the commands to run the project locally and ensure that everything it working as expected before deployment.